Interested? Email [email protected] - see below for more details.
- Member of the founding team.
- Core contributor to a variety of systems: backend services, command line tools, resource reconciliation engine, etc.
- Open source product that targets developers: https://exo.deref.io/
- Most systems built with Go; some peripheral systems build with TypeScript.
- Challenging and novel systems engineering; not just another CRUD app.
- Competitive salary and generous equity.
- Desire to grow with a business from seed to success.
- Passion for robust solutions to real problems.
- Prolific: Will implement the solution, improve a variety of adjacent things along the way, and then just move on to solve another problem.
- Ambition to take on a leadership role as the company grows.
- Experience developing production services and applications on a team.
- Strong foundation in fundamentals. You don't have to have implemented a production database or programming language, but you wouldn't be totally lost if someone asked you to.
- Deep knowledge of a variety of popular DevOps & cloud technologies.
- Clear communicator and articulate writer.
Deref's mission is to help engineers to build better services.
- Pre-seed funded ($1.2M raised)
- Small team:
- Technical CEO: Brandon Bloom's career highlights include: Xbox devtools, police body cameras, Code.org's Hour of Code campaign, and he sold a company to Salesforce.
- Several talented engineers of various specialities.
- Globally distributed, remote-first, and asynchronous work.
- Core business hours are 9am to noon pacific time.
You can apply by emailing [email protected]
Please include a link to your resume, LinkedIn, blog, GitHub, or similar and let us know why you're interested. Note that brevity is appreciated. If there is a chance you're a fit, we'll respond quickly with an invite for short video call.